Objective 1: To improve early diagnosis of HIV, TB and viral hepatitis and improved linkage to care for PWID.
TRAINING MANUAL ON "HIV AND HCV RAPID TESTING IN LOW-THRESHOLD SETTINGS FOR PWUD"
The manual is designed to be a complete tool to provide staff in low-threshold settings the knowledge, skills and techniques needed for testing people who use drugs for HIV and HCV and linking them to needed care. The content of the manual was adopted from previously developed guidelines, manuals and handbooks and is based on international best practices. The curriculum includes eight modules with descriptions of content to be taught and tips for practical exercises. The modules can be used as a complete 3-day training or independently.
This course has been designed to be a complete tool to provide staff in low-threshold settings the knowledge, skills and techniques needed for testing people who use drugs for HIV and HCV and linking them to needed care.
LEAFLET: "It's Good To Know"
Leaflets and posters for people who use drugs (PWUD) have been prepared to promote rapid HIV and HCV tests in low threshold facilities in Latvia and Hungary. These client centred information materials should motivate PWUD to get tested for HIV and HCV. The materials are available in English, Hungarian, Latvian and Russian.
Lead: Alexandra Gurinova, Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe (DAH), Germany, email@example.com
Outputs & activities
- Personnel working with PWID in Hungary and Latvia, who are trained in low-threshold testing of HIV, HCV and TB;
- Development of an interactive training manual and e-learning package on HIV, HCV and TB testing in low-threshold settings for personnel who work with people who use drugs, with a special focus on women and peers;
- Improved client awareness of their infection status and prevention and treatment of HIV, HCV and TB;
- Access to treatment is ensured after positive test result;
- Development and implementation of gender-specific approach in testing services that are focused on women who use drugs.