Integration of HCV, other Co-Infections and Harm Reduction Services
The 7th International Symposium on Hepatitis Care in Substance Users will be held in Cascais, Portugal on September 19-21, 2018, and European Commission supported projects will be featured.
This symposium is the leading International conference focused on the management of hepatitis among substance users and CHAFEA is proud to sponsor a session on the first day entitled: Integration of HCV, Other Co-Infections and Harm Reduction Services, to be chaired by Jeffrey Lazarus (HA-REACT Joint Action) and Jack Lambert (Hep-CARE). Representatives from European projects and agenices will present and discuss best practices and new models of care with a focus on integration of services.
Detailed Programme on "How can we better achieve integration of HCV, other co-infections and harm reduction services for PWID?", 16:15 - 17:30 (session G):
- 16:15- 16:25 Opening session Integration of HCV, other co-infections and harm reduction services for PWID in Portugal
- João Castel-Branco Goulão (SICAD Diretor geral)
- 16:25- 16:35 How do EU agencies take an integrated approach to hepatitis C control?
- Dagmar Hedrich, EMCDDA
- 16:35- 16:45 Best practice model from a Czech Republic prison
- Viktor Mravčík, National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Addiction (HA-REACT)
Transitioning specialist HCV services into the community
- 16:45- 17:00 Hep-CARE EUROPE
- John (Jack) Lambert, UCD/ Mater Misericordiae University Hospital (IE)
- 17:00- 17:10 E-DETECT TB
- Alistair Story, University College of London Hospital (UK)
- 17:10-17:30 Roundtable discussion :
- What does integration of services for PWID mean in terms of testing and providing treatment?
- How does the health systems need to change to better integrate and can it?
- Can we eliminate hepatitis C among PWID on opioid substitution therapy in the near future?
- Jeffrey Lazarus, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, CHIP (DK) and Viktor Mravčík, National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Addiction (CZ), HA-REACT Joint Action.
- Jack Lambert, UCD/ Mater Misericordiae University Hospital (IE), HepCare EUROPE and INTEGRATE Joint Action
- Alistair Story, University College Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London (UK), E-DETECT TB : Early detection and integrated management of tuberculosis in Europe, Find and Treat project, Title Chair/speaker
- Raquel Duarte, Centro de Diagnóstico Pneumológico de Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto, integrated care centre