Objective 2: To scale up harm reduction service in the EU, based on Latvian and Lithuanian case-studies.
The scale-up of harm reduction was actively supported by decision-makers and professionals. The outreach work being done among vulnerable groups by qualified workers equipped with proper knowledge and tools. Its work produced reliable data and evidence-based training tools to be used with various audiences and in various contexts. The outreach work was supported through a mobile unit pilot project.
- Report on the training package, including three face-to-face activities: seminars, study visits and workshops
- Report on the first- and second-year functioning of the mobile unit as an exportable example, including a proposal of sustainability of the initiative after the conclusion of the HA-REACT Joint Action (Latvia).
Lead: Luis Sordo del Castillo (Universidad Complutense), Spain, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outputs & activities
- Assessment of people who inject drugs (PWID) epidemiology and HR interventions, and identification of needs/barriers to HR implementation in Latvia and Lithuania;
- Training package for care providers and policy-makers on key HR interventions, including face-to-face training, and guidelines and manuals;
- Direct support to HR interventions in Latvia and Lithuania.