Objective 3: To increase harm reduction and improve continuity of care for PWID in prison settings.
The deliverables were public events in the form of trainings and meetings to share and learn experiences about HR in prison settings, and a package of learning tools for professionals and PWIDs. Findings on accessibility of harm reduction are published in a journal.
- E-Learning courses on 4 topics around harm reduction and treatment in prisons
- toolbox with supplementary material on prison issues including 2 videos
Lead: ISFF, Heino Stöver, Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Germany, email@example.com
Outputs & activities
- Situation analysis / mapping of needed support in the participating countries implemented;
- Medical, social and other prison professionals trained to work with PWID and to provide harm reduction services (incl. OST, NSP, condom provision and psychological support);
- Information, education, communication (IEC) materials developed for PWID and staff in prisons;
- Practical toolkit created for prison staff on harm reduction in prisons (as part of the Joint Action training toolkit);
- Condom provision and other harm reduction measures piloted in one prison;
- Policy brief written based on experiences from the component.